Welcome to our website...
At Four Swannes Primary School we are dedicated investors in children. We provide a variety of opportunities that facilitate learning and enable children to be the best that they can be. We encourage, support and motivate every individual child on their learning journey throughout their school life.
For all school admissions enquiries please ring Herts County (details on our "Contact Us" page). Should you need to speak to a senior member of staff please ring the school's telephone number and ask to speak to Mrs P.A.Douglas, Deputy Head
We have a Jolly Phonics workshop for parents on Wednesday 25th March and Wednesday 1st April 2015 at 9a.m. in the school hall and parents are welcome. There will be tea and biscuits.
We have a Fractions for Parents workshop on Wednesday 29th April 2015 at 2p.m. All parents are welcome to come into school and learn how to help their children with their fraction problems. There will be tea and biscuits.
Year 5 and Year 6 are off once again to Kingswood, Overstrand Hall, Norfolk for this year's school journey. The children will be leaving school on Sunday 28th June and return on Wednesday 1st July. Mrs Douglas, Mrs Beech and Mr Shevket will be accompanying the children on their trip to this wonderful seaside resort for an adventure holiday.
Four Swannes Aims, Values and Ethos
- To create a happy safe and caring environment where everyone feels supported and valued.
- To provide breadth and balance within the framework of the Early Learning Goals and the National Curriculum.
- To monitor and encourage through differentiation, the full development of each child's individual capabilities and to provide the highest academic standards possible.
- To encourage high standards of behaviour and compliance with the school rules for the happiness, health and safety of everyone.
- To develop each child's self-esteem and build their confidence enabling them to make decisions and take on responsibilities.
- To develop sensitivity towards others and to provide opportunities for working co-operatively in a wide range of settings and experiences.
- To establish and maintain links with the local community and encourage the full involvement of Parents, Pupils and Governors in the life of the school.
- We believe that these aims will provide the opportunity for our pupils to take their place as valued members of society
Dates for your diary
FOFS' cake sale - 29th January
Young voices at the O2 - 30th January
Non-uniform day - 13th February
Y4 trip to the Gunpowder Mills - 4th March
World book day (dress as favourite character) - 5th March
Red nose day and FOFS' cake sale - 13th March
Y2 Animal encounters - 24th March
Whole of juniors to visit Harlow Outdoor Adventure Centre - 11th June