Welcome to our website...
At Four Swannes Primary School we are dedicated investors in children. We provide a variety of opportunities that facilitate learning and enable children to be the best that they can be. We encourage, support and motivate every individual child on their learning journey throughout their school life.
For all school admissions enquiries please ring Herts County (details on our "Contact Us" page). Should you need to speak to a senior member of staff please ring the school's telephone number and ask to speak to Mrs P.A.Douglas, Deputy Head
School Office Hours
Please be aware that the School Office telephone is manned between the hours of 8.00a.m and 4p.m. Monday to Friday term time only.
School day time table
The school day starts with children coming into school at 8.45 a.m. and registration by 8.50. a.m. Formal lessons start at 9.10 a.m. with assembly Monday - Friday at 10.20 a.m. Assembly on Friday, if it is a class assembly, will be at 9.10. a.m. Lunch is from 12.00 to 1.00 p.m. with school finishing at 3.15 p.m. Our school is a one level building with wheelchair access and wheelchair accessible toilets.
After school clubs
Four Swannes runs many after school clubs which change throughout the year. We also have Chexs coming to the school to run parent and child clubs Please read the many newsletters sent home with your child to see which clubs your child would like to attend. Also, you can enquire at the School Office, staff will be ony too happy to help. Four Swannes also run a football team and an athletic team and a school choir, there is great competition for these clubs, so applications must be in early to endeavour to avoid disappointment.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint, please arrange an appointment to speak to a member of staff with the office if possible. Teaching staff are not always available during the day, but an appointment before or after school is advisable. The Deputy Head will always try to see you should the Class Teacher not be available or you have an urgent problem which needs discussion.
Snow and bad weather
In the event of bad weather or that the school should have a need to close for a period of time unexpectedly, the parents will be notified by the school Texting message system. It is therefore paramount that you keep the office staff informed of your up to date telephone number and change of address.
Four Swannes Aims, Values and Ethos
- To create a happy safe and caring environment where everyone feels supported and valued.
- To provide breadth and balance within the framework of the Early Learning Goals and the National Curriculum.
- To monitor and encourage through differentiation, the full development of each child's individual capabilities and to provide the highest academic standards possible.
- To encourage high standards of behaviour and compliance with the school rules for the happiness, health and safety of everyone.
- To develop each child's self-esteem and build their confidence enabling them to make decisions and take on responsibilities.
- To develop sensitivity towards others and to provide opportunities for working co-operatively in a wide range of settings and experiences.
- To establish and maintain links with the local community and encourage the full involvement of Parents, Pupils and Governors in the life of the school.
- We believe that these aims will provide the opportunity for our pupils to take their place as valued members of society
Dates for your diary
18th November 2016 - Children in need Day
23rd November - CHEXS christmas craft - 3.30- 5.00 p.m.
25th November - FOF's cake sale
1st December -
- Book Fair -
- EYFS new parents visits
8th December -
- FOF's school disco 5.30 - 7.30 p.m.
14th December -Choir singing at Waltham Cross 1.30 - 2.p.m. all parents and friends welcome
20th December - Nativity to parents.
Forth coming parent workshops
"Learn English" lessons again for parents. These are run weekly every Monday afternoon during the summer term starting a 1.00. All are welcome.
A selection of our Year 5 & Y6 children took part in a Netball competition at Haileybury School Turnford on the October 2016.
Sports & Health Ambassadors
6 children from Years 5 & 6 have been selected to represent the school in the Sports and Health Ambassador Conference at Haileybury School Turnford on the 13 th October 2016.
Primary School Of The Year Award
Our school were nominated for and won , the Primary School of the Year award on the 16th July 2016.