Welcome to our website...
At Four Swannes Primary School we are dedicated investors in children. We provide a variety of opportunities that facilitate learning and enable children to be the best that they can be. We encourage, support and motivate every individual child on their learning journey throughout their school life.
For all school admissions enquiries please ring Herts County (details on our "Contact Us" page). Should you need to speak to a senior member of staff please ring the school's telephone number and ask to speak to Mrs P.A.Douglas, Deputy Head
School Office Hours
Plase be aware that the School Office telephone will be manned between the hours of 8.00a.m and 4p.m. Monday to Friday term time only.
School day time table
The school day starts with children coming into school at 8.45 a.m. and registration by 8.50. a.m. Formal lessons start at 9.10 a.m. with assembly Monday - Friday at 10.20 a.m. Assembly on Friday, if it is a class assembly, will be at 9.10. a.m. Lunch is from 12.00 to 1.00 p.m. with school finishing at 3.15 p.m. Our school is a one level building with wheelchair access and wheelchair accessible toilets.
Forth coming events
Y5 and Y6 Are off to Kingswood in June for 4 days - Have a wonderful time!
After school clubs
Four Swannes runs many after school clubs which change throughout the year. We also have Chexs coming to the school to run parent and child clubs Please read the many newsletters sent home with your child to see which clubs your child would like to attend. Also, you can enquire at the School Office, staff will be ony too happy to help. Four Swannes also run a football team and an athletic team and a school choir, there is great competition for these clubs, so applications must be in early to endeavour to avoid disappointment.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint, please arrange an appointment to speak to a member of staff with the office if possible. Teaching staff are not always available during the day, but an appointment before or after school is advisable. The Deputy Head will always try to see you should the Class Teacher not be available or you have an urgent problem which needs discussion.
Snow and bad weather
In the event of bad weather or that the school should have a need to close for a period of time unexpectedly, the parents will be notified by the school Texting message system. It is therefore paramount that you keep the office staff informed of your up to date telephone number and change of address.
Four Swannes Aims, Values and Ethos
- To create a happy safe and caring environment where everyone feels supported and valued.
- To provide breadth and balance within the framework of the Early Learning Goals and the National Curriculum.
- To monitor and encourage through differentiation, the full development of each child's individual capabilities and to provide the highest academic standards possible.
- To encourage high standards of behaviour and compliance with the school rules for the happiness, health and safety of everyone.
- To develop each child's self-esteem and build their confidence enabling them to make decisions and take on responsibilities.
- To develop sensitivity towards others and to provide opportunities for working co-operatively in a wide range of settings and experiences.
- To establish and maintain links with the local community and encourage the full involvement of Parents, Pupils and Governors in the life of the school.
- We believe that these aims will provide the opportunity for our pupils to take their place as valued members of society
Year 5 and Year 6 had a wonderful four days at Kingswood Overstrand in June. They participated in many activities such as quadbiking, fencing, archery, high ropes and visited the beach to do lovely fun things that all children love to do. The weather could not have been better and the children all enjoyed themselves at the disco on the last evening.
Dates for your diary
Y6 off To Sainsburys depot 17th May
Parents meeting for Kingswood - 18th May 9.a.m.
Y2 Trip to Gunpowder Mills 19th May
Y6 Steel band 19th May
Inset Day 27th May
5th - 8th June Kingswood
Juniors Trip to Harlow Outward Bound Centre 9th June
Parents Forum 10th June 9.a.m.
KS2 Athletics at Pickets Lock 14th June
School Photographs 15th June
World Market Day 24th June
Everybody Write day (Olympics) 30th June
Forth coming parent workshops
"Learn English" lessons again for parents. These are run weekly every Monday afternoon during the summer term starting a 1.00. All are welcome.